Tuesday, February 26, 2013

What's Happening?


Friends and Family,

Thank you for your continued prayers and support! I have been blessed to be a part of this ministry and even more so, to see what God has been doing in the lives of the teens here in Heidelberg, Germany and Europe.

This past fall has been very exciting! Here are a few things that we have done:


Pumpkin Palooza!
Pumpkin Palooza was a great night of carnival games, popcorn, candy, and pie throwing for our Middle School students! For every 10 tickets that the teens won, they got to choose a leader to pie in the face. My name sure did seem to get called a lot… that night about 50 pies of whipped cream were thrown! We ended the night with a Hillbilly dance and surprise hot chocolate and S’mores for the teens. What a night!


Christmas Parties!
We ended our weekly Club meetings for 2012 with a Christmas party… “Elf” style! It was full of making paper chains, gum sculpting,‘Christmas Tree’ decorating, and eating spaghetti topped with syrup, pop-tarts, sprinkles, and M&Ms. The Lord also blessed me with a visit from a college teammate in December.


Called and Chosen!

I had the privilege of joining the Catholic teens on a Life Teen retreat to Nuremburg. The purpose of the retreat was to guide these teens into a deeper and more meaningful relationship with Christ and the church. And it did just that… these teens are on FIRE for the Lord!



Winter Blitz!
On December 30th Suzann, Kayla, and myself, along with 5 volunteer leaders loaded the bus with 38 high school students and headed to the Austrian Alps for a week FULL of snow sports, basketball camp, and just hanging out. While all of that was a blast, the students loved the nightly Club gatherings where 365+ teens from all across Europe gathered to hear a presentation of the Gospel. They learned just how much we are all in need of a Savior. Many made the decision to begin or renew their relationship with Jesus Christ. The teens left with strengthened friendships but the majority left with a desire to live out their faith. Amen! (We celebrated New Years with a dance. Our Heidelberg group dressed up as Hillbilly’s and we all had a blast! We ended the night with Fireworks right out in front of the hotel.)

At the conclusion of the week, the teens were asked to take a survey. Here are just two of the results:
·     88% of teens at Winter Blitz stated they are interested in being a part of small groups back in their own communities
·     95% of teens at Winter Blitz stated that because of the week’s experience their own faith in God has been strengthened.

Because of that, camp did not end when we got back. We met with as many teens as possible after camp to follow up with them and encourage them to keep the faith. Since then, we have continued one and started 2 different Bible Studies; a Pancake Feed on Sundays, Christian Campus on Wednesday nights and EPIC Thursdays, a girls study. What a challenge it has been but the fruit of our labor is evident. The Lord continues to bless us in meeting new teens and having teens who are ‘regulars’ bring their friends.
     I cannot thank you enough! Please know that the Lord continues to bless us through your prayers and your giving. With all the success that we have seen, there are still a lot of teens that need our help. I was not sure how to adequately describe to you the type of things these teens are dealing with, so I will let them tell you. These are their responses to the statement:        

“If you REALLY knew me…”


... you would know that I had such anger problems as a kid that I had thoughts of killing my brother.

... that I stood right behind my brother and my cousin as they were shot by my side. I was the only one who survived.


... you would know that I am abused a lot, but I still find a reason to wear a mask or fake a smile when really, inside, I am crying and dying.

...you would know that my father is an alcoholic and I am afraid to go home. My entire family is falling apart and sometimes I feel like it is my fault. I cut myself every night.

... that I have suffered from an eating disorder since I was seven years old.

... you would know that I wish my mom would go to Afghanistan instead of my dad, but I wouldn't want my mom to come back.

...you would know that my dad refuses to accept and love me as his daughter, I feel like a bastard child to him.


These are only seven stories of MANY.



     Out of the teens that have been involved in Club Beyond, 79% say that Club Beyond is important to them and 81% believes it helps them deal better with life as a military teen. I need your help to keep this ministry in Heidelberg until the end.
     There are 3 people on staff, one who’s 6 month internship ends mid February. In order for me to stay until the end of the school year, I need to raise $600 more each month until June (a total of $3,000) in addition to the current monthly support I already receive. Please consider joining me in this. You can join this ministry financially through monthly or one-time donations; every bit counts! As always, your prayers are appreciated and very much needed. The Lord continues to bless me in ways that I could never have imagined. I believe that He does so because prayers from faithful friends like you.

In Him,               
                Caitlyn          
  

And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them?
Romans 10:14


Caitlyn Riley
serving with
Military Community
Youth Ministries

CMR 419 Box 1636 APO AE 09102    
Telephone: 01149 6221 796 893
www.mcym.org

in partnership with
Young Life

PO Box 520 • Colo Springs, CO 80909    
Telephone: 877 438 9572
www.younglife.org

If you would like to have a
financial part in my work with 
MCYM/Club Beyond please log on to 
www.younglife.org/giving
and click ONLINE GIVING.

My account number is X976

Make checks payable to: YOUNGLIFE
Memo line should read:
Caitlyn Riley X976
Mail to the Colorado address above.


My address is: CMR 419 Box 214 • APO AE 09102 • criley@clubbeyond.org

No comments:

Post a Comment