Thursday, March 7, 2013

9 months, 7 days later.....

I cannot believe that I have been here for 9 months and 7 days. I was thinking about this the other day and wondering where the time has gone. I began to ask myself these questions...

What have I even done in these 9 months?

Have I done what the Lord sent me here to do?

Have I made an impact?

Well, each of those questions has already been answered.... 

A lot!

Yes!

Absolutely!

The Lord is so good. He reveals himself to me on a daily basis. Just a few days after I had began asking myself these questions I got an answer through another friend... I have no idea who wrote this note. On Sunday afternoon I was looking for games for our 'Breakfast Club' on a friend's computer. Instead of logging into my email to send myself a link, I just sent it through Facebook (I had no idea you could do that, just thought I would try.) As I did that, I went to the whole message feed showed up and I saw this note: 
"I just wanna let you know that the last message that you sent me was very special to me and I'll ALWAYS keep in touch bc I care about you more than you'll ever realize and you've changed my life in such a short time. I want you to know that I appreciate the fact that you were willing to give me a chance to change your view of me and i'll miss you dearly over the break. Have a MERRY MERRY Christmas and a Happy New Year with your family and hopefully, I'll meet them one day."
Would you look at that. That was my answer... what timing! 

I have done what the Lord sent me here to do, and for a much longer time than first thought. This message, left for me by an anonymous friend, reminded me that even though I may not always see the impact I have had, it is still there. But, I want tangible evidence. What 'evidence' is there? Well, the teens are still talking to me. When I walk around post I constantly hear my name being called in the distance. When I go to the schools students run to greet me and wave to me across the lunchroom. It's all around me.

I can relate this to having two (almost 3!) nieces and a nephew. I see them once, maybe twice a year. Every time I see them, its seems they have grown SO much! Let's say I haven't seen them in 6 months... well, to me it's as if they have grown at least 5 inches each time. But, if I were with them daily, would I see the same difference? 

Being in a situation day in and day out, I can't always see the changes, difference or impact made. It all starts to seem like it is as it has always been. 

I can't always tell but the difference is there.

Since I have realized this, so many good things have happened. I can honestly say, without a doubt, that I am loving life. And of course, all thanks to my wonderful heavenly Father.

"Let us not be weary in doing good for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Galatians 6:9



No comments:

Post a Comment