Sunday, June 23, 2013

Service Project 2013

(The mural we painted in a classroom at the school.)

What an incredible week. It was Hot. Hard. Long. Testing. Tiring. Dirty. But none of that mattered when we got to see the smiles on those Czech kids faces as they slid down the slide, or threw water balloons at each other, or when they sneakily pinned a clothes pin on the back of my shirt without me knowing it.

(Helping two boys do craft. No words needed. Just smiles.)
I have been back now for just over 30 hours.... and after a nice 12 hour rest last night, I am still tired. I wasn't this tired on the trip. I told a friend today, you know, it always seems that you don't realize how tired you are until you are home. Without hesitation she responded, "that's because the Lord sustains you during the week." WOW. That sure brings a whole new meaning to the saying, 'I could not have done it if it were not for the Lord's help.'

(Playing 'Over & Under' with a soaking wet sponge in 95 degree weather.)

I was able to lead 5 high school girls throughout the week. I spent time with three of them during the soccer season, one, along with another, was in the bible study another leader and I helped lead and then the final was just an acquaintance. I was so blessed to have all of these girls in my small group. It was amazing to see the Lord working in their lives. Each one had their own story and each one was worked on by the Lord in their own way. And, EACH one was a different person at the end of the week. To God be the Glory.

(2 Club Beyond staff, 3 Volunteer leaders and 2 HS Volunteer leaders.)
Czech Republic was better than I could have imagined it. Thank you to all of you who kept in your prayers throughout the week. I am forever grateful.

Please pray for the students we were in touch with last week and for the Young Life International that is in that city. Pray that these students saw something in us that makes them want to get involved with Young Life there.

"So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor." 

1 Corinthians 3:7-8


No comments:

Post a Comment