Sunday, June 2, 2013

Sunsets

Everyone seems to find it so funny how much I love sunsets. I'll agree... I've never met anyone else with my kind of, for lack of a better word, 'obsession.'

So, why sunsets?

Have you ever flown above the clouds on a cloudy day? What do you see? Boundless pure white clouds that just want to make you hop from one to the other. And a sun that is brighter than you have ever remembered it being. 

Beautiful, right?
(the Virginia sky)
Now, have you ever flown above the clouds as the day begins to wind down? Again, clouds and amazing sunsets. It's incredible. Just look....
(the Texas sky)

(Borrowed image. Above the clouds of Mt. Kilimanjaro)
Seriously!! What other 'god' can do that?! NONE other than the One. The King of Kings and Lord of Lords. The Light of the world.

When I see a sunset I don't just see a sunset. I see a God who cares. A God who loves. A God who keeps promises. A God who is always there. 
And a God who is faithful.

The sunset is always there, even on the dreariest of days (and believe me, my Germany friends and I sure have had our fair share lately). 

And don't forget that even on your dreariest of days, the Lord is there.


And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I love sunsets so much.


Psalm 36:5 - "Your love, O Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies."

This was my view tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment